The Granny Stripe Blanket

One of my goals for this year is to use my stash yarn as much as possible.  This includes all of the little scraps that I have collected throughout the years from finishing previous projects, buying mini skeins, etc.  One way that I'm hoping to achieve this goal is through the granny stripe blanket.
I have already started my blanket and I am loving it!  It's such a great project to pick up when I'm watching tv and just need something relatively mindless to work on.  This is not a project that I'm expecting to complete any time soon.  Rather, this is an ongoing project.  One that I can slow down and enjoy the process rather than the finished project.  Sometimes we all need a big project to help us slow down and enjoy the process of making, and this is going to be mine for 2020.

Project Details:

Yarn Used: fingering weight scraps
Hook: US C/2 (2.75mm)

Started by Chaining 360 stitches
Followed this tutorial for set-up rows and subsequent stitch pattern
And that's all.  I will be updating my progress over on my Instagram account occasionally.  I will also put up a finished object post here on the blog if/when I ever complete this project.  But as you can see, this is going to take me a while, and I'm seriously not complaining.


Comments